- 2003.11-2005.11 Study on the Characteristics of Pathological Rhythm of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Regulated by Electro-acupuncture. Funded by China National Nature Science Foundation
- 2003.03-2005.03: Sympathetic nerve activity of Acupoint - ST36 (corresponding to stomach organ), funded by National TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) Committee.
- 2002.06-2005.06: Treating Forepart Rheumatoid Arthritis by Combining Acupuncture and Herb, Sichuan Provincial Science & Technology Committee (Doing RCT clinical research)
- 2002.06-2004.06: Treatment of Forepart Rheumatoid Arthritis with a combination of Acupuncture and Medicine; Funding agency: Sichuan Provincial TCM Committee.
- 2001.10-2004.10: Modifying susceptible gene expression in Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) transgenic rats using acupuncture, funded by China National Nature Science Foundation
- 2001.09-2003.09: Reducing Heat Action in Active Arthritis Rats by acupuncture, funded by Sichuan Provincial Education Committee
- 2001.01-2003.01: The effect of acupuncture on behavior and depression-related central neurotransmitters in Rats, funded by Sichuan Provincial TCM Committee
- 2001.10-2003.10: Regulating Time-Phase Characters of Biorhythm by Chinese Medicine, funded by Sichuan Provincial Education Committee
- 2000.10-2003.10: The Influence and Mechanism on the synapse plasticity of hippocampal neurons in the Senile Dementia Rats Treated by Electro-Acupuncture, funded by China National Nature Science Foundation.
- 2000.01-2002.01: Neurobiological Mechanism of anti-anxiety after abnegating Morphine by Acupuncture, funded by Sichuan Provincial TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) Committee
- 2000.01-2002.01: Mechanism of Anti-Inflammation and Analgesia by Acupuncture, funded by Sichuan Provincial TCM Committee. 1998-2001: Mechanism of regulating rhythms by acupuncture, funded by Sichuan Provincial Education Committee
- 1998-2001: Insomnia due to hyperkinesia treated with TCM, funded by China National Sports Committee
- 1997.10-2000.10: Comparison of different acupuncture methods for post-acupuncture effects on analgesia, funded by Sichuan Provincial Education Committee.
- 1993-1996: Treatment and prevention of Shift-syndrome and "jet-lag" by TCM, funded by China National Nature Science Foundation.
I retired from Baylor College of Medicine after practicing
pediatrics for over forty years. In the past ten years I have sought
relief from sciatic pain from the acupuncture clinics. Dr. Liu has been
able to give temporary relief of the severe pain when my traditional regimen
has failed the medicine of 3000 years augments and supplements the
medicine of the 21st century. This is the medicine meeting of
east and west that I highly recommend.