Zheng Zeng, MD (China), LAc 678, FABORM
Zheng Zeng started her practice of acupuncture in 1994. She had practiced at the Teaching Hospital of Chengdu University of TCM, one of the best of its kind in China. After 8 years of practice and serving as a faculty member in the Chengdu University of TCM, she came to teach and practice Acupuncture in Austin at AOMA (Graduate School of Integrative Medicine ) where she is the Director of the Department of Acupuncture; she has been a core faculty member at AOMA since 2002.
Zheng Zeng is a fellow of the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (FABORM) and is a board certified reproductive acupuncturist. She had been the "Practitioner Spotlight" on ABORM 2011 Spring New Letter.
Zheng Zeng has participated in clinical research on treating asthma, diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis with acupuncture and herbs when she was in China.
Zheng Zeng presented "Treatment of Female Infertility with Acupuncture" at the 21st Annual Symposium for Medical Acupuncture
in 2009 (The Symposium is designed for instruction and training of physicians (MDs and DOs only) interested in or already practicing acupuncture). She presented "Treatment of menopausal symptoms with Chinese Medicine at the Southwest Symposium in 2008, "Acupuncture for Prenatal and Postnatal Care" at Southwest Symposium in 2011.
Speaking Engagements (Presentations)
- AOMA-Graduate School of Integrate Medicine in Austin: Special Seminar Speaker: "Herbal and Acupuncture treatment for Female Infertility and IVF support", Austin, TX, May, 2012; and August 3-4, 2013
- Southwest Symposium Speaker: "Acupuncture for Prenatal and Postnatal Care" Austin, TX, March 4, 2011
- "Treatment of Female Infertility with Acupuncture" at the 21st Annual Symposium for Medical Acupuncture, Dallas, TX, April, 2009
- Southwest Symposium "Managing Menopause with TCM", Austin, TX, March 2008
- Women's Health Continuing Education Series (Fertility Problems, PCOS, PMS and other topics for licensed Acupuncturist), Austin, TX, July & August, 2007
- East-West forum: Bring Balance Back to Women's Health with Acupuncture, Austin, TX, May, 2007
- East-West forum: Infertility and Acupuncture, Austin, TX, July 22, 2010
- Seton GoodHealth Commons Panel Speaker (Women's Health and Acupuncture), Austin, TX, August 25, 2009
- Seton GoodHealth Commons Panel Speaker (Diabetes and Acupuncture), Austin, TX, November 10, 2009
- Seton GoodHealth Commons Panel Speaker (Asthma / Allergies and Acupuncture), Austin, TX, May 26 10, 2009
Zheng Zeng's Specialization
Zheng Zeng specializes in women's health: fertility issues, infertility, acupuncture IVF/IUI support, premenstrual and menstrual disorders, menopausal issues (hot flashes, night sweating), hormone imbalance, endometriosis, uterus fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), morning sickness,miscarriage prevention, etc.
- Pain management, sports injury
- Emotional disorders: stress, depression, and anxiety
- Allergies,sinus infection, immune deficiency, auto-immune disorders, and immune-related dermatology
- Skin disorders: acne, eczema, hives, and shingles
Dr. Liu is a miracle-worker! I suffered from chronic, debilitating migraines several 2-3 times per week. I had tried everything else and was on a lot of medication thanks to my neurologist. Nothing was doing much to help. Then I went to Dr. Liu, almost five years ago, and he was the only one to make a difference. I go for periodic maintenance treatments with Dr. Liu and my migraines are now down to one every month or two and are very mild (that may sound like a lot to some people, but it means I can hold a job -a lifesaver for me!). He is incredibly kind and caring. He took the time to find out my whole medical situation and always checks my current status when I come for a treatment. He is also genuinely concerned when I have a bad migraine and wants to do everything he can to help me, and when you're in pain and suffering, it's very nice to know someone cares! His wife, Zheng Zeng, runs the clinic with him and is just as kind and caring. She did a treatment for me once while Dr. Liu was in China and I was very impressed. I have nothing bad to say about them or their clinic and always recommend them to any friends or family who might need acupuncture. In fact, I am getting ready to move away from Austin and one of my first thoughts when I decided to move was "Oh no, I'll have to leave Dr. Liu!" I highly recommend Honeysuckle Acupuncture - you won't be disappointed.
Brooke, I Austin, TX (From Yelp.com) 12/12/2012