Yuxing Liu, Ph.D., M.D. (China), LAc
BS, Hunan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), 1992
MS, Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), 1995
Ph.D., Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), 2003
Dr. Liu was the faculty of Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (one of the best Traditional Chinese Medical Universities in China), taught undergraduate and postgraduate students and served as director and associate researcher. He directed and instructed over 15 research projects, his research interests are varied and include pain management, psychological and emotional disorders, digestive disorders and rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and shift-work or jet-lag syndrome.
Dr. Liu is well-published, his publications include papers, articles and books about his clinical experiences and research. He has authored ten textbooks on Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). One of his texts is used throughout China by postgraduate students in traditional chinese medicine colleges and universities.
Dr. Liu served as professional acupuncturist and clinical supervisor at the College of Complementary Medicine in Tel-Aviv, Israel for 1 year. Joins AOMA in Austin as a core faculty and academic leadership member since 2004, mainly teaching the core courses like "Advanced Acupuncture Needling Techniques"; "Chinese Herbal Patents"; "Syndrome based Herbs and Formulas". .
Dr. Liu started his acupuncture practice from 1992, is a skillful acupuncturist and herbal specialist with over 20 years practice experiences.
Dr. Liu's Specialization
Dr. Liu specializes in various pain disorders and neurological diseases, including migraine, tension headache, general headache, sciatic nerve pain (sciatica), arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, neck pain (tight and tension),shoulder pain (frozen shoulder), elbow pain (tennis elbow, golf elbow), wrist pain (carpal tunnel syndrome), lower back pain (lumbago), leg pain, Hip, knee pain, ankle, heel and foot pain (Plantar Fasciitis); Myofascial pain; Postoperative dental pain; pain syndrome due to sports injuries, occupation or accidents.
- Stroke recovery (post stroke treatment), Bell's palsy (peripheral facial paralysis), Multiple sclerosis (MS), and peripheral neuropathy. migraine headaches, tension headaches; Vertigo, general numbness and tingling.
- Gastrointestinal disorders-digestive tract problems (nausea, vomiting, bad breath, acid reflux (heartburn), hiccups, gastritis, stomach pain (stomach ulcer), gas, bloating, diarrhea, indigestion, constipation, abdominal pain, (ulcerative) colitis, IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).
- Psycho-emotional disorders including stress, depression, and anxiety, insomnia, poor memory and concentration,
- Pain management, sports (car) injuries and accident injuries
- Allergies (Dr. Liu's years of practice in Austin have provided many allergy sufferers with lots help), sinus infections due to allergies, immune deficiency, auto-immune disorders, and immune-related dermatology
- Side effects of chemotherapy and radiation in cancer patients
- Chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, shingles, hives, eczema, dermatitis.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Texas State Board of Medical Examiners Acupuncture License
- Diplomate of Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Diplomate of Acupuncture (NCCAOM)
- Diplomate of Chinese Herbology (NCCAOM)
- Occupational Acupuncture Certificate (AOMA Occupational Acupuncture Practitioner Group AOAPG)
- Occupational Acupuncture (Acupuncture orthopedics Module One:Basics)
- Occupational Acupuncture (Acupuncture orthopedics Module Two: Neck & Extremities)
- Occupational Acupuncture (Acupuncture orthopedics Module Three:Trunck & Pelvis)
Speaking Engagements (Presentations)
- Speaker " Lower back pain treated by acupuncture and moxibustion" Sichuan TCM Association, Chengdu, Sichuan Aug. 2003
- Speaker " Stress relief by acupuncture" China Acupuncture Association Sichuan. Chengdu, Sichuan. Sep.2003
- Speaker "Scalp Acupuncture -Theory and Clinical Applications" American Association of Oriental Medicine, 2006 International Conference, October, 2006; Litchfield Park, Arizona, 2007
- AOMA Seminar "Pain Management by Acupuncture" Austin, TX 2008
- AOMA Seminar " Acupuncture for Migraine & Tension headaches" Austin, TX 2010
- AOMA Seminar " Digestive disorders Treated by Acupuncture and Herbs" Austin, TX 2009
- Seton GoodHealth Commons Panel Speaker (Acupuncture and senior diseases) Austin, TX April , 2009
- Seton GoodHealth Commons Panel Speaker (Acupuncture & Cancer Support) Austin, TX October 27, 2009
- AOMA Seminar " Acupuncture for Immune diseases (focus on Austin Allergies and reumatoid arthritis), Austin, TX 2011
- AOMA Seminar " Acupuncture for Immune diseases II. Austin, TX 2013
I want to again thank you for all the help you have given me
with my post-menopausal symptoms. You truly have been a lifesaver to me with
acupuncture and your herbal remedies. I was having such extreme symptoms that
my quality of life was truly compromised, but your expert knowledge and skill
has helped me feel healthy and energetic again. I am very grateful to you and I
appreciate your kindness and sense of humor throughout my ordeal.